Central Piedmont is excited to announce that both construction projects at its Levine Campus the new Levine III classroom building and the Joe Hendrick Center for Automotive Technology expansion are complete.
The new 88,000 square-foot facility includes the Georgia Tucker Fine Arts Hall, a new campus library, a new campus bookstore, health and science labs, and classrooms.
Levine III includes:
- Georgia Tucker Fine Arts Hall
- Science Labs
- Health Simulation Labs
- Math Emporium
- Academic Learning Center
- Faculty/Staff Offices
The facility's 2,300 square-foot fine arts hall is named in memory of Georgia Tucker, an accomplished ballerina and choreographer who performed throughout the U.S. prior to coming home to Charlotte. She attended Central Piedmont and taught at the college as a dance instructor.
The Georgia Tucker Fine Arts Hall is a two-story facility with views of the campus lake. The arts space includes:
- A performance space to accommodate up to 200
- A large instructional classroom, with a seating capacity of nearly 100
- Reception space for functions with a capacity of 160 attendees
- A box office and dressing rooms
Joe Hendrick Center for Automotive Technology
The Joe Hendrick Center for Automotive Technology expansion took a little over a year to complete. The 10,330-square-foot expansion helped the college add the following amenities to its campus:
- a new alignment and suspension shop with seven vehicle bays
- a four-vehicle bay training lab with classroom
- a two-vehicle bay training lab with classroom
- additional faculty offices and storage rooms
"Levine's new facilities will significantly enhance Central Piedmont's ability to put students on a pathway to meaningful lives and family-supporting careers and will help prepare the talented workforce needed to support the economic growth of our community," said Central Piedmont President Dr. Kandi Deitemeyer. "They will help to advance the mission of the college by offering access to education and career development for additional students. These new buildings will transform lives and transform this community."