- Central Piedmont students, staff, and faculty transitioned to online learning on Monday, March 23. The spring semester will be completed remotely. To ensure online access, the college ordered and distributed Chromebooks and WiFi hotspots at no cost to more than 250 students and employees in need. Thanks to Emergency Fund donors for making this effort possible.
- The May 2020 commencement ceremony has been postponed. Smaller, in-person, program-focused ceremonies will take place at Central Campus July 29 - 31.
- Medical supplies and equipment from our college healthcare programs have been donated to Atrium Health and Novant Health.
- Central Campus will host a community mobile blood drive on April 21, 12-5pm.
- Central Piedmont's small business center is providing free, online business counseling and training to local business owners.
- Members of the college's Culinary Arts program helped box donated food for out-of-work restaurant employees in the Charlotte area.
- The college's Human Resources department has established the Central Piedmont Cares initiative to help all college employees identify and solve challenges in their function or their personal lives
April 13, 2020
COVID-19 has upended almost all aspects of our daily lives. Our greater Charlotte community is making amazing and immediate efforts to meet the new challenges presented by the pandemic and local and state stay-at-home orders. Here at Central Piedmont, our students, faculty, and staff remain committed and are focused on a positive future ahead. To protect the health and well-being of our community, friends, and family, we are responding in the following ways: