Do you know a Central Piedmont Community College graduate who is making a tremendous difference in the community? Nominations are currently being sought for the 2019 Richard H. Hagemeyer Educational Advancement Award and the 2019 Young Alumni Award of Excellence. These awards recognize Central Piedmont graduates who has significantly benefited from his/her experiences at Central Piedmont and whose efforts have helped the community.
Nominations are being sought for individuals who have:
- demonstrated community involvement/professional involvement, social responsibility and impact
- acquired scholastic and learning skills that have led to continued personal and educational growth
- improved his or her economic status and social capital as a result of attending Central Piedmont
- invested in the lives of others and is seen as a role model
- graduated within the last 10 years (Young Alumni Award of Excellence only)
The college will recognize this year's winners at Central Piedmont's commencement ceremony on Thursday, May 16, 2019, and a one-year scholarship will be granted to a Central Piedmont student in an area of study reflective of the winner's background.
Nomination forms are available on the Foundation's website.
Completed nomination forms should be submitted online; or mailed to Christa Newkirk, Office of Alumni Relations, PO Box 35009, Charlotte, NC, 28235. The deadline for nominations is March 22, 2019, at 6 p.m. For more information, contact Christa Newkirk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704.330.6808.